So this week I have been pretty exhausted. I can’t quite figure out why, but I’d like to think it was a dreary weather and rain that we had in New York City most of the week. Tuesday was an exceptionally high energy day – woke up at 6:30 AM, hit the gym for an intense 90 minute leg workout, then at 6 PM did some light lifting then a double spin class with a friend. The other 5 days have required some extra motivation – enter my go to girls: M.I.A., Santigold, and Rihanna.
Two Tracks From Each Of My Go To Girls:
1. Bad Girls by M.I.A. (lyrics: lookin in the rear view swagger goin’ swell. A remix is due out soon – cannot wait!)
2. Look at These Hoes by Santigold (lyrics: tear it up. i’m so damn cold)
3. Where Have You Been All My Life by Rihanna (The baseline is amazing – another track with Calvin Harris who is also featured on We Found Love)
4. Amazon by M.I.A. (Because I have Gym Stockholm Syndrome – “Helloooo, this is [Leilani] it’s okaaay you forgot me)
5. Creator by Santigold (lyrics: Tell me no, I say yes, I was chosen. And I will deliver the explosion)
6. Red Lipstick by Rihanna (Just work out to this – do some leg/thigh work or some lat pulldowns and seated rows – and you will understand)
Happy Friday everyone…time for me to go hit back and shoulders. Then head out to Long Island for some family time. Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there!
For an added bonus here are some photos of M.I.A. hanging out with some of my friends and me at the Met Party of the Year back in May 2010 (American Women: Fashioning A Nation). The bathroom is where the real party is since it doubles as a co-ed smoke room. It is like the high school bathroom, but TMZ style.